OpenGL and the 2.6.6 kernel

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 6 15:43:22 UTC 2004

OpenGL seems to work in windowed but as soon as you try to go full
screen it just boots you out of the desktop and puts you to the login
screen. I have been thinking about that for a while and I have come to
the conclusion that the 2.6.6 kernel memory requirements have changed,
meaning that 256 megs of system memory is not enough anymore. I did work
with FC1 and FC2. The 2.6.5 kernels did work until you went to 24 bit
color and then it would restart the desktop with any opengl game
(windowed or not). Go to  16 bit color and all was fine.

My question is, is there a way to install the 2.6.5 kernel or is it
better to just reinstall FC2?

I don't want to add more memory on this system because I will get a more
up to date system soon.