Thinkpad X40 and xorg-6.7.0-3

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Jun 7 16:51:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:13:42AM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> APM suspend nearly works; I can suspend and resume without the X
> server running, but as soon as I try to start X after a resume the
> graphics system is completely wedged;

A number of years ago I had a similar problem with an APM suspend
and a Toshiba laptop.  I simply added 'chvt 1' to a script executing
on a suspend event.  True, the laptop was waking up to a text
console but hitting 'Alt-Ctrl-F7' after that was not a big deal
and X worked afterwards with a restored session.

You can try if this kind of a ruse will work with your laptop.

What is passing for APM in a laptop my wife is using right now is
not worth to bother in any sense. :-)

   Michal