Netgear MA111 problem

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 13:31:20 UTC 2004

Arjan

> actually these drivers have a really broken set of makefiles (well broken
> for 2.6 kernels)... since these don't seem to be adjusted for 2.6 I doubt
> the code itself is... dangerous drivers thus.

With respect, that's a little harsh. I have compiled the wlan-ng drivers
against the FC2 2.6 kernel with little effort. I now have a server at
home whose only connection to the net is through the MA111. It works
very well for me (WEP included).

I wonder what it would take to get the FC2 drivers to work with the
MA111 (from what I remember, it only took a one-line change to allow the
MA111 to be detected in wlan-ng)

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--