thoughts on the winXP boot bug

don russell fedora-test at drussell.dnsalias.com
Tue Jun 22 20:54:05 UTC 2004

Kepa Lyman said:
> I mean, JESUS CHRIST, how can such a show-stopping bug be allowed in a full
> release?!  If people are going to be migrating away from windows and giving
> linux a try, is it wise to trash their computers?!  Now I have to become an
> expert on disk repair so I can fix the stupid thing.

I mean, Aye Chihuahua! How can anybody be so stupid as to install a "not
suitable for production" use OS in a production environment without AT
LEAST first scouring the archives for known problems.

And this bug was bandied abuot plenty, you'd have found it with the most
casual of glances through the list archives.... or ASK for
oppinions/caveats before doing such a brain-dead move in the first place.

Stop blaming others for your errors.

Get a grip, you'll be OK.

Now, is there something you need help with?

Don Russell