Is reading nautilus docs a worthwhile activity?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Jun 25 13:39:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 09:09:41AM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:43:45PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >
> > Well, there is no "Unix Network" to double-click on but
>
> I don't think FC included the user space NFS mess.

Surely there is autofs, and this can be configured to include NFS,
and there are also am-utils (i.e. amd) although no such requirements
are mentioned in nautilus help.

> > Is this just a normal nautilus behaviour or I am missing something
> > profound?  I tried with the latest nautilus-2.6.0-6 from rawhide but
> > earlier versions looked exactly the same.
>
> For webdav (which is the one thing I'm using) it certainly works to open
> https://some.box/davspace/

Quite possibly one can use "Open a server" dialog for ftp as well.
I did not try though as I was curious what on a network I can make
"clickable" in some nautilus window.  Does not look like much
contrary to what documentation says (and sftp could be useful).

  Michal