Evolution install problem and Mozilla+Thunderbird prob

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 04:58:46 UTC 2004

First I did not install evolution  during  clean install.
Now I have the machine running up to date  devel tree .
When I try to install evolution  via yum  it comes back with that
dependency prob:

> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1.90 - i386 - Base
> Server: Fedora Supplemental Packages (Stable)
> Server: Fedora Supplemental Packages (Testing)
> Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 NewRPMS.sunsite.dk
> Server: Fedora Core 1.90 - i386 - Released Updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> .....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package evolution needs libsoup-2.0.so.0, this is not available.

is there anything I can do to solve this??

and since we are on the subject  where is jeremy's  ftp site for 1.5.x ??

Second thing  I run thunderbird 0.5 as an e-mail client  and  stock
Mozilla .

If I  start  thunderbird first  and then mozilla , mozilla refuses to
start with an error displaing in thunderbird window :

The  file  /content/navigator.xul cannot be found. Please check the
location and try again.

killing  thunderbird-bin  makes the problem desapear.

Is it something I should inform  Mozilla folks about or is it on fedora
side??

TIA

Bart Kalita  MCP

Registered Linux user #347493   Fedora Core 2

www.bart-domain.com    www.astradine.no-ip.org