Eject disc not automatic?

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Wed Mar 3 06:42:44 UTC 2004

OK, I'll be honest, I can't quite remember if this was done before or
not (and I don't have any other spare boxes to test it on).[1]

During the installation of FC2 test1, when its time to change discs, I
noticed that it didn't eject the CDROM automatically - I actually had to
push the eject button.

If it used to be automatic, this is a bug (and I'll file it). If it
wasn't, it might be a nice feature to have (and I'll file an RFE).

Test machine - IBM Thinkpad T20, with the DVD-ROM drive. Performed an
upgrade install from FC1 (updates-testing).

Thanks.

[1] - I installed Yellow Dog Linux (so I could use Fedora PPC stuff from
rawhide) on a G4 last night, and it actually ejected each CD
automatically (which is why, I guess, I ask...)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
http://training.bytebot.net/ - FREE OpenOffice.org Training
http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/ - Fedora News Updates