x86_64 iso's for Test 2

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Mar 5 12:00:38 UTC 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 06:34, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Lewt @ Linux Warcry (lewt at warcry.com) said:
> > > Are there any plans for x86_64 iso's for the second test release?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I installed the test1 release and now I'm trying to update using yum and
> the development trees. Will the iso images take very long to appear?
>
> To be able to update now I've created two channels in yum conf, one
> pointing to x86_64 development and another to i386. Is that correct?

The current posted schedule for test2 is 22 March --
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

Yes, updating a x86_64 system requires input from both x86_64 and i386
repositories.

If you interest is in the x86_64 as oppose to working on FC2, you might want
to consider sticking with the FC1-test1 and, perhaps, rebuilding some of the
i386 FC1 updates for the x86_64.  Hopefully, FC1 for the x86_64 will be
available "real soon now" ;)
--
Gene