libgnomeui/gtk+ ABI problems

Brian Millett bpm at ec-group.com
Fri Mar 5 14:50:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:04:51 +0000
Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey,
> 	If you see an error like:
>
> /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0: undefined symbol:
> gtk_file_chooser_set_folder_mode
>
> 	you need to update your libgnomeui to the latest in Raw Hide -
> 	i.e. to
> use gtk2-2.3.5-1 you need libgnomeui-2.5.90.1-1.
>
> 	What happened was libgnomeui was using some recently introduced
> 	gtk+
> functions which were removed in gtk+ 2.3.5 so we needed to respin
> libgnomeui. I didn't add a Conflicts: since I don't think that's
> neccessary for random transient Raw Hide b0rkage.

I guess that depends on how many emails, bugzilla reports, etc. that will clog up the system for "random transient Raw Hide b0rkage".  I think that a little more care, or notification of "random transient Raw Hide b0rkage" would be a better process to follow.  My .02$

--
Brian Millett  -  Technologist Rex
"You have forgotten something."