VMWARE ethernet + sound

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 18:00:24 UTC 2004

I have no idea why sound does not load during boot up as it should.  I have
not been able to get it working using /etc/modules.conf, even though I've
triple checked it and am pretty sure I had set it up correctly.

What you can though is modprobe the sound driver; I forget if it is sb (not
in front of a machine right now to look; also did this on fc1 not fc2
so...), sb16, or es371, but if I recall it is one of those; you'll know at
any rate when you have sound.

Then you can edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local and enter the line modprobe xxx

where xxx is the appropiate sound module.

That should get sound working; the fix for networking someone already posted
so just follow that.

cheers,
jason