NVIDIA & Kernel 2.6.3-2.1.283

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sat Mar 6 12:01:51 UTC 2004

Raphael J. wrote:

> Installed new kernel, rebooted and rebuilt my NVIDIA drivers(1.0-5336)
> for X
> without any problems.
> But now when Fedora tries to start the X display i just get a black
> display and
> the complete system freezes. I can't switch to the text consoles.
>
> I hope this is just a temporary problem and will be fixed in the next
> kernel version.

wishful thinking

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-October/msg02059.html

<snip>

Nvidia proprietary drivers are unsupported by Red Hat.  Nvidia
has web forums for discussion of problems and technical support
for their users however which you might find useful.  If you
report problems there, most likely Nvidia will fix them for their
next driver release once Fedora Core 1 is officially released.
</snip>

--
shrek-m