system hangs on "enabling swap space" FC2test1 Kernel 2.6.3-2.1.240

Richard Ayer III rwa1 at cec.wustl.edu
Sat Mar 6 20:15:57 UTC 2004

I've been having the same problem since 2.6.3-1.106; it's now happens with
every version of the kernel that I try to use.
Take a look at bug #117658, which I posted a few hours ago. See if you have
anything to add to that. You can also look at the 'system crash' thread that
I started on the list on 2/26/04. From that thread, a temporary 'workaround'
is to arrow to the kernel version you want to boot, hit 'e', arrow down one
and hit 'e' again, change 'rhgb' to 'nogui', hit 'enter' and then hit 'b' to
boot. The change is only for that boot (i.e., you have to redo it every time
unless you changed it in grub.conf). See if you get the other problem I
describe in the bug report after doing the above.

Richard Ayer III