Problems with Yum and cifs + Evolution Q

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 11:50:43 UTC 2004

Ok,  I'm  standing a chance of having my head snapt off by one of  U
guys  or  just simply having my questions ignored but  at this moment
I'm willing to take a chance.
First:  its a 1.90  system with all updates  form devel tree installed
( 06.03.04  )

Now  problems:

Yum , despite of being updated to the newest rpm still comes with error:

[root at nemesis bart]# yum check-update
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
    import yummain
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 31, in ?
    import yumcomps
  File "/usr/share/yum/yumcomps.py", line 4, in ?
    import comps
  File "/usr/share/yum/comps.py", line 5, in ?
    import libxml2
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named libxml2mod

I've looked around  for a solution  but  all I found where problems that
where  supposed to be solved by  newest rpm.

Next  is  cifs:

I have 3  shares set up with WIN machines , one of them hosts  an RPM
folder with all  updates  downloded by me form devel tree.
Ocasionally  when I  open the  folder  in Konqueror  and then open
terminal  I can see  files  in  konqueror, and copy them but terminal
comes up with "there is no such file/folder error" the only solution is
to kill X and mount the share again. Whats strange I can mount the same
share n amount of times and it still doesnt see files in terminal untill
I reboot or restart X.

And finaly Evolution:
well more of a annoyance than problem here but still something that
bothers me. Why o why is the "summary page" gone from E??
where the developers scared that it might look to much like Outlook 2003??
Summary Page and a hope that one day Evolution will support usernet
whast what make Evolution such a great prog, as it stands and looks now
I might as well use any other e-mail program like Thunderbird which HAS
usernet support. Evolution as it was before was great I had it always on
one of the desktops and with one look I had all the info I required on
one neat screen.

thanks for reading, I hope I didnt rised anybodys blood pressure on this
lovely sunday morning.

Bart Kalita  MCP

Registered Linux user #347493   Fedora Core 2

www.bart-domain.com    www.astradine.no-ip.org