up2date hangs at the "Testing package set/resolve RPM interdependencies" stage

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sun Mar 7 13:23:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

Since about 5:00 PM yesterday up2date has been stuck at the
"Testing package set/resolve RPM interdependencies" stage.

In the console window from which up2date was launched it reports:
-- warning: waiting for transaction lock.

Is "mirrors.kernel.org" down or to busy?   Can someone recommend another
mirror?

By the way, there is another message that always appears when I run
up2date, but I have ignored it with respect to update (maybe it is the
cause, hmmm?).  What does the following message mean: ?
-- /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts  : No such file or directory

Thanks
--
Ernest L. Williams Jr. <ernesto at ornl.gov>