x86_64 Branch of the 1.90 Tree

Pau Aliagas linuxnow at newtral.org
Sun Mar 7 23:13:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 lewt at warcry.com wrote:
>
> > I'm looking to test FC2T1 under the x86_64 platform.  However I can only
> > find i386 iso's available.. Has anyone made iso's for x86_64 yet? or does
> > anyone know how or where to find out how to net install
>
> The development tree (formerly known as rawhide) should always be
> net-installable for all archs that have a kernel and installer (currently,
> x86 and x86-64).

I've been able to update from FC1-test1 x86_64 to development and i've
even started up X using http://www.linuxtx.org/XF86Config. The xdm login
screen appears perfectly.

But when I login, before any icon appears in the Fedora splash, the machin
freezes completely and I have to reboot holding the power button for a few
seconds. Any hints of what could be happening?

My machine is an Acer Aspire 1500 with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9600.

Pau