Update packages and dependencies problems

Christian B. Ellsworth Capo k at dicec.cl
Mon Mar 8 16:34:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 13:15, Daniel Clemente Roman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a FC1 machine without Internet connection, and anothers (MSWindows)
> with connection. When I want to install a rpm in FC1, I download it,
> copy to a CD, and then try to install. But usually I have dependencies
> problems, so I need to download more rpm, write another CD/session and
> then try again.
>
> But there are any program/Web, who can tell me what dependencies problem
> I will have for a specific rpm (from my MSWindows machine).
>
> I've FC disk so dependencies will be affect only for early packages or
> packages not include in FC.
>
> Thanks

install from the cd's a package named rpmdb-fedoraXXXXXXXX.rpm this
package gives to the rpm db the whole content of packages on the CDs, so
when a package need dependencies you can invoke help with the --aid
option

rpm -ivh thepackage.rpm --aid

if the rpm finds the dependency in the same directory installs it,
automaticly. of course only if the dependecies is on the CD's ...

that could help you know the dependencies of the packges (the known
ones).

--
Christian B. Ellsworth Capo (k at dicec.cl)
Linux Chief Engineer

DICEC Ltd.
Sanchez Fontecillas 966b, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.
Phone (56 2) 2633340
Fax (56 2) 2071820
Movil (56 9) 4195632