Status of CD burning in rawhide?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Mon Mar 8 21:50:53 UTC 2004

I know there have been some recent posts about CD burning under
test/rawhide, but none of them seem exactly like what I am observing.

Using nautilus cd burner, it creates the image successfully, or at least
  it doesn't complain about anything.  It then starts writing to the CD.
  Everything looks like it is working, but then it just hangs at about
2/3 of the way.  Eventually the CD light goes off.  It never finishes
writing.  And it never fixates.  Basically, it creates a coaster.  If I
boot over to my FC1 partition everything is fine.  I had hoped the
kernel 242 would fix this, but apparently not.

-Steve