tvtime vs xawtv

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Mar 8 21:57:49 UTC 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 12:49, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> which television-standard ?
> PAL ?
>
> >2 that I've seen thus far.  For the rest of us,
>
> us = USA  ;-)

Yes, most of my contacts are in the USA.

> > tvtime is miles ahead of
> >xawtv.  My tv quality is MUCH better w/ tvtime, and CPU usage is way
> > down.
>
> ROFL ;-)
> i686, 400 mhz, 265 mb ram
> $ /sbin/lspci | grep -i bt
> 0000:00:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878
> Video Capture (rev 02)
> 0000:00:0f.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio
> Capture (rev 02)

Like I said, there are a few people that tvtime is not good for them.
It has something to do with their video hardware and tvtime not being
able to display the way it wants to, thus using some sort of library
that is causing huge cpu usage.  Please don't get stuck in the whole
"if it's broken for me, it must be broken for everybody" trap, as it
just doesn't fly.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: