Boottime fsck says "already mounted" and drops me to a shell

Bjarke Buur Mortensen rodaz at diku.dk
Wed Mar 10 09:28:57 UTC 2004

Hi list,

(sorry if this has been covered before, I'm new to the list)

After upgrading from Redhat 9 to Fedora 1.90, I'm always being dropped
to a shell while booting.

fsck complains that my root partition is already mounted and bails, and
then I'm asked to give the root password.

I have upgraded from rh9 to fedora using apt-get, so maybe something has
gone wrong in the process. While I kept my old redhat kernel, the boot
process worked fine, so can someone tell me what is going on?

regards,
/Bjarke

ps: I can boot my system if I touch /fastboot, but obviously this is not
satisfactory in the long run.

--
Bjarke Buur Mortensen <rodaz at diku.dk>