Policy?! I don't need no stinking policy!

Tom Needs a Hat Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 10 20:07:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 01:14:53PM -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> Paul Nasrat <pauln at truemesh.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:13:17AM -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
> >
> > > If user runs with selinx=0 in grub, then should user still see
> > > messages about missing files etc, like the one I see whenever I run
> > > rpm -[Ui] *.rpm?
> > >
> > >   /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/file_contexts/file_contexts:
> > >   No such file or directory
> >
> > Yes you will see that atm, don't panic.
> >
> > >   That pathname is unknown to the most recent rpmdb-fedora.
> >
> > strange it's owned by policy-1.7-8 here
>

> Ok, well I do not have policy installed.  I wonder how many other
> packages are needed for selinux that are not installed?  Do you have
> a list?  I guess it is not a dependency, or it would have been
> installed with the latest kernel.

Do not install these without doing some homework first, but, for
selinux I think the list of additional rpm's is:

    checkpolicy policy-sources policycoreutils libselinux

Slightly out of date, See:
	http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=20372&group_id=21266
	http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=20372&group_id=21266#gs3.2

--