fedora-test-list digest, Vol 1 #622 - 33 msgs

Gavin Graham g.graham at orrcon.com.au
Thu Mar 11 02:20:45 UTC 2004

Thanks, but that is not the point.
It works with a generic 2.6.3 kernel AND it works with 2.6.3-1.116 from
rawhide. You just don't "Band-aid" fix these things.

I think the fix you suggested assumes that I can get it to start
building. It doesn't even do that. It cant find the headers properly.

Thing thing is that these kernels get patched at the expense of broad
range compatibility unless we make the kernel builder/packager aware.
Whats the point of upgrading to Fedora Core 2 when it comes out if we
have to spend all this extra time fudging build routines in drivers etc
that would normally work under a standard kernel?

--
Gavin Graham
Systems Operations Supervisor
P:  07 32740549    E: g.graham at orrcon.com.au