ATI Drivers fail with latest fglrx-4.3.0-3.7.6

Richard Duncan duncric at iit.edu
Thu Mar 11 22:29:02 UTC 2004

Works for me.  It doesn't work with the FC1 packaged kernels, AFAIK, but
a custom compiled or stock 2.6.3 works fine.  Make sure you go into the
2.6.x folder and make instead of running the standard build_mod file.
Only problem I've had with the ATI drivers are the nVidia drivers I used
before I upgraded from a GF2 Ultra to a R 9600XT didn't uninstall all
the way.  X still was looking for a symlink to nVidia's GL libraries,
but I fixed that.

Now to try later today with 2.6.4...