ATI Driver fail with latest fglrx-4.3.0-3.7.6

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri Mar 12 02:40:33 UTC 2004

RaXeT wrote:

> Have been replying through the only mode I know and that is there
> feedback at:
> http://apps.ati.com/linuxDfeedback/index.asp
>
> Hopefully they take notice.
>
> btw, I forgot to mention I can always successfully build any 2.4.x
> kernel just fine.
>

> RaXeT

I believe that all the ATI card owners that use FC then should complain,
even if they use only 2D graphics and/or they use the xfree driver..
(we need to show that we arent as few linux users as they think)
I'm gonna complain now (because I'm tired of trying to make this driver
work...)...
But I believe it wont work at all , unless many people complain (when I
complained about their lack of XFree86 4.3 support some time ago [on red
hat 9], they sent me a standard mail... no real answers..). As every
major company , they'll only act when they see that we are a high
percentage of their costumers..

--
Pedro Macedo