Fedora package management

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 08:37:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 23:06, James Bond wrote:

> 2: In RedHat 9, I used to double click on any RPM package on the disk, and
> it used to open the Red Hat RPM management GUI to install that RPM package.
> This functionality does not seem to be there in Fedora!! I tried to double
> click on a RPM package on my hard disk and it opened up a window ,
> complaining about the "No Action Associated". Which application should i
> associate with RPM?

Is this in gnome?
Its possible that the rpm mimetype changed when we moved to the new
shared mime database. Can you please file this in bugzilla against
redhat-config-packages.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a superhumanly strong ninja photographer plagued by the memory of his
family's brutal murder. She's a mentally unstable green-skinned bodyguard with
a birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch. They fight crime!