Pump on FC2T1? (SE Linux breaks UDP checksum?)

Edwards, Scott (MED, Kelly IT Resouces) James.Edwards at med.ge.com
Mon Mar 15 23:43:22 UTC 2004

I have tracked this down further and discovered that it is the SE Linux
stuff that is messing up pump.  I have found a newer version of pump now and
I'm going to try it.

However, I have to say that the way it fails is not intuitive to me.  When
pump (dhcp client) sends out the discover packet (with a SE Linux enabled
kernel), the packet actually goes out, it just fails because the UDP
checksum is bad.  This is not what I would expect out of SE Linux.  I would
have thought that it would have returned some no-priviledge error to the
program (pump) indicating that it failed.  Instead to just send out a broken
packet seems pretty weird.

-Scott