Keyboard handler

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 09:00:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to find what is causing a couple of very odd problems. I'm
using the 2.6.4 kernel and XFree4.4.0 (though the same problem was there
on the 2.6.3 kernels and official Fedora releases XFree86)

Every now and again, the keyboard decides that it likes to autorepeat
(as if either a key is pressed or control is permanently pressed). The
autorepeat can be killed off by pressing escape.

The second one is that when a user logs out, the keyboard will
completely lock out. Everything else works (I can reset etc using the
mouse).

Nothing in the logs as to any program failing.

Help! This is annoying me somewhat!!!!

I'd like to track it so I can enter the problem on bugzilla, but without
knowing the component, it's pretty difficult.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Discovery is, in it's essence, a matter of re-arranging or transforming
evidence in such a way that one is enabled to go beyond the evidence so