eclipse

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Tue Mar 16 13:21:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 01:47:21PM +0100, Özgür Caner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run eclipse 3.0M7 with IBM jdk 1.4 and SUN jdk 1.5. But
> eclipse crashed with both jdks.

Check workspace/.metadata/.log for details of the error.

> Then I´ve installed the native eclipse, but same thing it wont run.
> Here is the error message of the native eclipse:

The native eclipse snapshots do not work with rawhide/fc2t1

This is for a variety of reasons (now using gcj34 rather than gcj-ssa,
solib/gcjlib differences, etc).  I have built eclipse successfully although not
in a runnable state - various LinkageErrors to work through.

However - the eclipse team have said that a release for fc2 will be
forthcoming.

Paul