mutt and squid, removed because of dep problems, errors

Swamper swamper at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 17 15:12:08 UTC 2004

Neal D. Becker wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Jim Cornette (redhat-jc at insight.rr.com) said:
> >> I just upgraded all of the rpms and had to remove mutt and squid in
> > Will be fixed with a new cyrus-sasl tomorrow.
>
> OK, so what do I do exactly?  I assume the fix is now in place.  I see there
> is a new cyrus-sasl-0-2.1.18.  I guess that's what you meant?
>
> But yum update does:
> .Package mutt needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package mutt needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package freeradius needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package freeradius needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package openh323 needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package openh323 needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package pwlib needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package pwlib needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package pwlib-devel needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package pwlib-devel needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package squid needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.
> Package squid needs libsasl.so.7, this is not available.

I saw the same earlier but now yum says,
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: kernel 2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1.i686]
[update: pango 1.4.0-1.i386]
[update: openssh-server 3.6.1p2-34.i386]
and blah, blah, blah... several dozen blahs...

But now mutt or squid, for some reason isn't in the list to be
updated.  Go figure.