The new X.org X11 implementation, has now been put in rawhide (was Re: Xorg server)

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Wed Mar 17 22:10:26 UTC 2004

On my system, I upgraded the XFree86 RPMs with the corresponding
xorg-x11*-0.0.6.6-0.0.2004_03_11.5.i386.rpm RPMs. In the process, I had
a few problems getting them to install and start.

(1) openoffice.org-1.1.0-30 had a dependency problem on XFree86. I got
past this by removing openoffice.org.
(2) xauth could not find libXmuu and xinit could not find libX11. I got
past this by adding /usr/X11R6/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig.
(3) xfs did not start automatically. I got past this by running "xfs
-droppriv -daemon" manually.

After that it started.