The new X.org X11 implementation, has now been put in rawhide (was Re: Xorg server)

Sandy Pond sandy_pond at myrealbox.com
Wed Mar 17 22:18:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 13:51, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> I welcome public feedback and comments, preferably to the mailing
> list, as I prefer to have feedback be public rather than private,
> so that others can further comment as well.

Don't know if you've found these so I won't bugzilla  but here's a try
with yum after todays rawhide update ... using
xorg-x11-0.0.6.6-0.0.2004_03_11.4.i386.rpm:

# yum install xorg*
Server: Fedora Core 1.90 - Development Tree
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.conflict between Glide3 and XFree86-libs
conflict between ttmkfdir and XFree86-font-utils
conflict between Glide3-devel and XFree86-devel
Package openoffice.org needs XFree86, this is not available.

I didn't bother removing any old XFree packages first.  Should I be
running "rpm -e --nodeps $(rpm -qa | grep ^XFree)" first?

:)