yum exclude not working?

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Thu Mar 18 05:23:44 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Is it just me, or is the   --exclude      switch not working in the
current version of yum (yum-2.0.5.20040310-1)?

As usual, when downloading the rawhide updates, it choked on a
dependancy problem (this time with the kdeaddons package).   I attempted
to exclude the offending package, but recieved the exact same error
message.  Am I mistyping the command, or is there an actual problem that
needs to be bugzilla'd?

-Sean

# yum update
Server: Fedora Core 1.90 - Development Tree
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.Package kdeaddons needs libkabinterfaces.so.1, this is not available.
Package kdeaddons needs libkdepim.so.1, this is not available.
Package kdeaddons needs libkpinterfaces.so.1, this is not available.

# yum --exclude=kdeaddons update