user management with ldap?

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Mar 18 08:26:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 03:06, Neal Becker wrote:
> I noticed that we can config user accounts to use ldap, which is nice.  But,
> there is no tool to create/manage such accounts provided by fedora?
>
> I can install a 3rd party tool, such as gq.  But, even if I do, it isn't
> aware of fedora default policies for creating user accounts.
>
> I think we need something here.
To be honest with you Neal, I would be happy with an example ldif file
to create one account, from there it is relatively simple to set up the
rest, this is doubly so if the SELinux stuff requires additional
information/configuration.

On top of this, it would also be ideal to know the minimum access
requirements for clients that need to access the directory, as that is a
real mare :o(

Doug