mirror structure

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Mar 18 19:34:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Ben Steeves wrote:

> I'm setting up a local mirror of rawhide for our testers and I have
> a question: is the "headers" directory above the arch directories

Depends on what is in your yum.conf.

> necessary, or just the one in the arch directory(ies)?  Any pointer to a
> "how to" for setting up a mirror?

Here is quick how-to:
1. If you want to generate your own headers, cd to the directory you want
    as the top level directory of your mirror
2. run "yum-arch ."
3. point your yum.conf at the directory where the headers directory is located.
4. If you want to use the headers provided by Red Hat in the master mirror
   ignore steps 1 and 2. I prefer to build my own since the rawhide headers
   can be inconsistent from time to time due to rsync problems. They do
   eventually catch up though.
5. enjoy.

I am assuming you are talking about using yum. I have never used apt
so if that is what you want to use ignore this.

HTH,

Tom