issues with recent updates and mail server help

dougmc83 at mail.utexas.edu dougmc83 at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 19 02:49:56 UTC 2004

Quoting Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de>:

> Am Fr, den 19.03.2004 schrieb dougmc83 at mail.utexas.edu um 01:27:
> > hello all,
>
> [ snip ]
>
> > In addition to this i'm trying to figure out how on earth i'm supposed to
> setup
> > cyrus-imapd to work with fetchmail, procmail, and squierrel mail the way i
> had
> > imapd setup in rh9... i can't even login to it from anyuser in squierrel
> mail
> > or evolution, much less try the fetchmail stuff.
>
> This is no descriptive problem mailing at all. You did not say which MTA
> you are using, which authentification you configured, you posted not any
> log entry. You only say something compared to your old RH9 which even
> had no cyrus-imapd shipped.
>
> > sry for the tone of this email, i'm just a bit frustrated with the mail
> stuff at
> > this point.  yes i do realize that this is a test release, which is why i
> am
> > writing this email b/c i'm sure others have run into these issues or not.
>
> I suspect you do not want any practical help but you wanted announce
> some frustration.

not entirely... i have absolutely no idea how to setup cyrus-imap b/c i've never
dealt with it before... if you could point me to some docs that would work with
the setup in fc that would be helpful.  heres the log info i get when
attempting to log in from squierrelmail:

Mar 18 20:46:18 d-mak master[17787]: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imapd
Mar 18 20:46:18 d-mak imap[31329]: accepted connection
Mar 18 20:46:19 d-mak imap[17787]: executed
Mar 18 20:46:19 d-mak imap[31329]: badlogin: d-mak.homelinux.org [127.0.0.1]
plaintext douglas SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed

So basically i need to know how to add a new user.  all the docs i find don't
seem to relate to the setup with fc all that well.

as for the other issue with the keyboard, its an extreme issue IMO and I just
wanted to be sure it was known.

thanks for your reply, i'm glad to see people running flame control on this
list.

> > thanks,
> > Douglas McMorris
>
> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
> Sirendipity 01:40:11 up 10 days, 1:59, load average: 0.16, 0.20, 0.17
>                    [ Γνωθι σ'αÏ
τον - gnothi seauton ]