Update [Anyone have Tyan S2880 (Dual Opteron) and got the onboard broadcom adapters working?]

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Mar 19 20:29:46 UTC 2004

Just thought I would let everyone know that it seems to be a problem
with the mainboard, and I am exchanging it for a new one.  I allready
suspected it was a hardware problem when I couldn't get it to work, plus
several people here saying it worked fine for them with the default tg3
driver.  Further proof was the broadcom diagnostic tool that comes on
the Tyan CD indicating that no broadcom adapters were detected.  Other
steps I took included clearing the CMOS, upgrading the BIOS, removing
all the PCI cards from the system, disabling unnecessary options/roms
like usb, serial/parallel, etc.

Thanks to everyone who replied with with advice and assistance.

-Charles Jones