yum upgrade fails because of XFree86

Markus Bertheau twanger at bluetwanger.de
Fri Mar 19 22:28:09 UTC 2004

В Птн, 19.03.2004, в 21:19, Richard Ayer III пишет:
> I just got that problem as well. I updated everything a couple at a time
> (expect switchdesk-4.0.1-1.1, which up2date never puts in the list of
> packages to select to be updated...anyway...), leaving only
> gdm-2.5.90.2-3:1 and then I got those failed dependencies.
> Have you already switched to the xorg packages? I haven't yet, and I
> think that might fix (though I'm not going to do it til late tonight);
> anyone else know if that's the case?

Well given that I need for example an updated openoffice.org I wonder
how I should do either - yum update and yum install xorg-x11. I tried
the following to no avail - thus the question - what should I do?

[bert at yarrow bert]$ sudo yum --exclude=XFree86 --exclude=XFree86-xfs --exclude=XFree86-twm --exclude=XFree86-libs --exclude=XFree86-devel update
Package XFree86-devel needs XFree86-libs that has been excluded.
Package XFree86-xfs needs XFree86-libs that has been excluded.
Package XFree86 needs XFree86-libs that has been excluded.
Package XFree86-twm needs XFree86-libs that has been excluded.
[bert at yarrow bert]$

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger at bluetwanger.de>