xorg-x11 post-install problems
gbpeck at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 20 02:15:22 UTC 2004
I just installed the latest xorg-x11 packages (xorg-x11-<...>.6). The
install went very well, removing the old XFree86 packages correctly.
However, I noticed a few problems afterwards (some have already been
mentioned on this list):
- xfs gets removed from chkconfig's management. I'm guessing that the
"/sbin/chkconfig --del xfs" in XFree86-xfs's preuninstall gets run
after "/sbin/chkconfig --add xfs" in xorg-x11-xfs's postinstall.
- As mentioned many times, /usr/X11R6/lib gets removed from
- Many video-related packages from freshrpms.net get removed. They all
depend on aalib (also from freshrpms), which depends on XFree86. I'll
email Matthias about this (if he's not on this list).
- I use <Win>-<Tab> to switch between applications. After logging into
the new server, this no longer works. More specifically, letting go of
<Win> doesn't remove the window list popup from the middle of the
screen and doesn't actually switch to the selected application. I
believe this is related to the next point:
- The <Win> key on my keyboard used to be recognized as Mod4 (according
to xev). It is now recognized as Super_L. It's also no longer
considered a modifier key.
More information about the test