The new X.org X11 implementation has now been put in rawhide (was Re: Xorg server)

Davis Whittaker n1kx at cox.net
Sat Mar 20 02:56:08 UTC 2004

I had the same issues, and this is pretty much how I got it done:

Resolved aalib and openoffice.org problems by removing them first:

$ rpm -e aalib
(required also removing xine)

$ rpm -e openoffice.org

Then installed xorg:

$ yum -y install xorg*

Once that was done, I had to add the /usr/X11R6/lib entry back to
/etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

Then with the libraries properly located, i restarted xfs:

$ service xfs restart

X then was functional, so I restored the rest of the stuff I broke
upgrading:

Re-installed aalib and xine (already had the rpms) and fired yum up
again to reinstall/update openoffice.org.

$ yum -y install openoffice.org

Seems a bit of a ramble, but it is a test release and everything works
now and the system is happy.  As for making it happen automatically -
won't matter once the release is complete - should go in slick as a
goose from the CD when installed.  It's just those of us who like to
play with the test releases that have to fiddle around a bit.

Dave

|"If it was all easy, it wouldn't be any fun."