Development images/boot.iso out of phase

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sat Mar 20 04:27:44 UTC 2004

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Gregory Woodbury <ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us> said:
>
>>Is it just that hiwaay is not completely up to date or did someone
>>forget to rebuild boot.iso?
>

> mirror.hiwaay.net is not yet up to date - RH is apparently doing
> something with the master servers (the one I used is not longer in DNS,
> and the one I'm now using is rather slow).  I think some of the other
> mirrors are having similar problems.

I used hiwaay on the 17th with the boot.iso. The installation completed
normally. It even setup the soundcard correctly.

I did have problems relating to SELinux not setting the users (both
super user and normal users) directories permissions correctly.

It did detect the soundcard upon installation and would work fair
without SELinux enabled.

With the changeover to xorg and a few refinements performed to SELinux
according to the last build report that I saw. I was wanting to try an
upgrade http installation on the 17th installation. If this didn't turn
out positive results, I would do another fresh install.

Now since I stated my current activity. I was wondering if the goal of
other testers was to do fresh installs or upgrades because of the high
package rate of change.

I think that SELinux on clean installations and on upgraded
installations needs to be tested. Also the xorg fresh installion needs
to be tested.

Who is testing out the xorg transition and who is concentrating on
SELinux. (Or the combination of the two.)

SELinux and gdm did not work out well on the 17th installation. I was
able to log into mingetty terminals, but with file permissions all
messed up.

When the servers get into sync, if not already, pass on the info.
The tree is stable enough for installation. (at least on the 17th)

Jim