Fedora ftp site?

Wes Shull wes at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Sun Mar 21 08:46:16 UTC 2004

Tom Mitchell <mitch48 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Has anyone filed an RFE to include bittorrent in the FC2 package.
> I gave a quick look but did not find one.

Now might not be the best time to include it...  For GUI operation,
BitTorrent needs wxPython, which needs wxGtk, which won't build against
the Gtk currently in Rawhide because it uses private symbols it shouldn't
that Gtk stopped exporting.

I've got a bug filed and accepted by the wxWidgets guys but have seen no
action so far:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=915333&group_id=9863&atid=109863

Meanwhile I'm using Azureus, which works well (especially since 2.0.8.2),
but other programs can't leverage it as a library (without a lot of work
anyway), and I'm not sure how well it works with non-Sun java.

Actually there's also a wxMotif that might work, but who wants that...