2.6.4 vanilla kernel and ATI drivers for 9700 Pro don't work

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Mar 21 21:20:33 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 21:12, RaXeT wrote:

> Only reason I brought up the ATI here in Fedora Core Test is that Fedora
> Core 1 would work with the ATI on any 2.4 kernel. Since FC2, nada.

Bringing up the fact that part binary only drivers for 2.4 don't
work on 2.6 kernels here isn't going to change anything.

The fact that you can bend a 2.6 kernel to make them work is utterly
irrelevant. Disabling 4g, irqstacks, regparm3 and god knows what else
just to make them work isn't progress. If you don't want progress,
stick with FC1.

The fact that this doesn't work is ATI's problem. So, as I've told you
(and others several times on this list), don't tell us, tell ATI
instead.

	Dave