Gnucash won't start

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Mar 22 00:39:24 UTC 2004

Callum Benepe wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just updated Gnucash to 1.8.8-4 with Up2date, but
> now get the following error message, and Gnucash won't
> start. Any ideas, please? Thanks!
>
> ** WARNING **: Failed to open module gnucash/app-utils
>
> ** WARNING **: : could not locate gnucash/app-utils
> interface v.0
>
> ERROR: Unbound variable: gnc:setup-gettext

> http://mail.yahoo.com

With the latest installation, I get the below error (xorg installed now)
  gnucash
Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown).

This is version gnucash-1.8.8-1.

After running up2date to get the latest programs, two additional
programs were added. (lobofx and openhbci)

g-wrap-1.3.4-5.1
gnucash-1.8.8-4
libofx-0.6.6-1
openhbci-0.9.14-2

I get the same splash screen starting up during both the older programs
and with te=he newer programs installed. The splash screen starts, then
crashes to
Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

The screen is up and running. The X server is alive.

I did not restart X after installing the newer packages. I will try
again after X is restarted. I ended up with a false positive when I
started xmms without restarting X. (Old library values still loaded,
still in memory, for loaded libraries)

Jim