upgrade from FC1 to FC2 test1 using isos

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 12:36:52 UTC 2004

Hi

I upgraded from FC1 to FC2 test1 using isos.

I found that the installer would not start while PCMCIA cards were
present (flash reader and 802.11b cards), when removed I was able to
perform the upgrade.

After the upgrade acpid was not installed but was causing problems, I
installed it manually.

I found the known problem of libxml2-python needing an upgrade before
yum or up2date would work.

After the upgrade the pcmcia subsystem was not configured, I have to
chkconfig --add pcmcia

There are other minor problems including the CDROM drive has become
inaccessible, some ACPI info (eg. battery level) is not available, and
messy errors during boot.

I will try to fix the remaining problems by upgrading against the
development rpms... and report back with any further problems.

Thanks all,

-Cam
--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--