xorg install - X won't start completely

TGS spam at tachegroup.com
Wed Mar 24 05:38:12 UTC 2004

Not sure that this will help, but I had to do the following to get past the
black screen and the hung rhgb boot process.

1 - add in the /usr/X11R6/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
2 - do a ldconfig -v
3 - trash all in tmp, including all the .* files and directories
4 - do a chkconfig xfs on
5 - boot without the rhgb kernel option,
6 - reboot again and it all worked.

Thanks to all that provided those tidbits in a few posts.