MrProject vs. "Planner"

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 07:22:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Dimitrios wrote:

>> If anyone knows for sure on
>> > this maybe MrProject should be replaced with Planner in rawhide?
>>
>> Yes. That is the plan. We haven't gotten to it yet though.
>
>That is correct. MrProject was replaced by Planner. Essentialy its the
>same project, but the authors had to change its name at some point
>when, i think, they moved from one job to another.
>
>Probably their old job claimed "MrProject" was copyrighted under their
>own company because the project was developed while they worked for them.

IANAL, but to the best of my knowledge, you can not copyright the
name of a piece of software, although you can trademark it.  I
don't know if that particular piece of software's name is
trademarked however, and well...   IANAL.  ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris       ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer - X.org X11 maintainer - Red Hat