x.org and Radwon IGP 320M

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 21:48:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Parrish M Myers wrote:

>I haven't had a chance to try the new x.org X server... But does anyone
>know if it supports the ATI Radeon Mobility U1 (IGP 320M) video chip
>out of the box?  Or can I still get the drivers from SUSE?

The Radeon Mobility U1 should work in Red Hat Linux 9, Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3, Fedora Core 1 with XFree86 4.3.0 2D only.

It also should work with xorg-x11 2D only.

3D support is not included in xorg-x11 nor in XFree86 4.4.0.

--
Mike A. Harris       ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer - X.org X11 maintainer - Red Hat