Difficulties with IC Ensemble Inc ICE1724 [Envy24HT] and snd_ice1724

Jason Knight tuxpenguin at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 01:19:01 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote:

>So I have a nice shiny new x86_64 system, based on the Chaintech NF3-150
>board.  This board has the IC Ensemble Inc ICE1724 [Envy24HT] onboard
>sound system.  The 2.6 kernel from FC2 development detects this as
>needing the "snd_ice1724" module for alsa sound.  However, when this
>module is loaded, I get the following in dmesg:
>
>invalid EEPROM (size = 255)
>ICE1724: probe of 0000:01:0f.0 failed with error -5
>
>and therefor I never get a mixer device.  Could somebody assist me in
>finding out whats wrong and how to fix it?
>
>Cheers!

This is a problem with ALSA, I have filed a bug report on ALSA's bug
tracker Mantis (I have a Chaintech ZNF3-150 as well). If you wish to see
the status of the bug please see my forum I setup at
http://bhpdc-forums.dyndns.org/alsa or check the official bugnotes at
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000142

Currently the specific chipset (the VT1720) is not programmed into alsa
and one of the devs is trying to get Vias information at the moment.

--
Jason Knight
Fedora Core *x86_64*