spurious interrupt?

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 12:31:02 UTC 2004

donald raikes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am attempting to run yum after a successful installation of fc2.
>
> While waiting for the dependencies to be resolved, I get the following message displayed:
>
> spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7
>
> Any idea what may be causing this?
> I am running on a compaq deskpro/en with 2 nic's only one of which is currently attached to the network.

I got this error periodically with an old laptop that I don't have any
longer. It was a Toshiba 490 CDT and the error did not do any noticable
damage. It looks like this error is common with Debian users on a quick
google.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200110/msg04631.html

This particular laptop had a pcmcia card for the network using the
pcnet_cs module.

I am curious as to what is causing this error too, but don't get the
error any more. (no 490 CDT any longer).

Jim