installing FC2T1 from an up-to-date mirror

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Mar 27 04:36:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 13:23 -0400, Ben Steeves wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install FC2T1 from our local (up to date) mirror.  However,
> when I use the boot.iso disk, the install fails after downloading the
> stage2 installer with the following message:
>
> "The Fedora Core installation tree
>  in that directory does not seem to
>  match your boot media."
>
> ...so I guess the question is: how to I correct the boot media, or get
> it to accept the newer packages?  Or is it stage2.img that's out of
> whack?

A bit of a late reply, but you don't seem to have gotten another.  If
the mirror is truly up to date, AND the sources are not broken, it will
(should) work at some point.  My experience over the last week or so has
been that if you keep syncing the local repository with a good mirror,
eventually it will work when everything finally matches up.  An
attempted update clobbered my home test system and it took 5 or 6
iterations of updating and trying to boot up the installer before the
"does not match" message went away.  An attempted new install on a test
machine at work went about the same way.  If there's an easy fix other
than "Keep trying" I haven't seen it.

Phil