Setting sound level on startup

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Sat Mar 27 19:35:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 16:56, André S. wrote:
> yum install alsa-tools
> alsamixer
> alsactl store
>
> Worked fine for me.
> Just add "alsactl restore" to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

The problem is saving volumes. I already load volumes on startup. I
think the one I had suggested is slightly better because it allows the
user to save their own volumes. alsactl save will refuse to do anything
if not run as root, because the file /etc/asound.state is owned by root.
Unless you want to modify the permissions on that file. using alsactl -f
allows you to choose a file to store and read the volumes from. I need a
way to save the volumes when I am logging out.